Saturday 3 August 2013

My Favourite Song And Artist Of 2013

In this post, I will be telling you my favourite song and artist for 2013. Now, this could be the artist and their song or a song and a different artist. Now - I'm the kind of person who likes a bit of dance music and this year's Eurovision certainly wasn't short of dance music. In the semi-finals, some songs I can highlight that didn't qualify: Montenegro with Who See and "Igranka" and Bulgaria with Elitsa and Stoyan and "Samo Shampioni". These, coincidentally, were in my top ten for the Semi-Final 2. But neither are my favourite artist or song.



In fact, my favourite artist this year was Valentina Monetta and my favourite song was her one "Crisalide". I know it's a bit cliche to say this, but I love Valentina and Crisalide was definitely the strongest song in the whole contest, despite it not qualifying.

The reason Valentina is my favourite artist: She didn't let last year's defeat get to her and still, this year's defeat hasn't fazed her, she's coming back in 2014 and is there to get to the Final! She's also a really hot. Her voice is pure magic, even angels envy her vocals.

The reason I like "Crisalide": It is an AMAZING fusion between the genre "ballad" and "dance". The lyrics are very touching and it all flows nicely. And as the song progresses, it builds and becomes more and more passionate. It is just one of those songs that will remain in your head for years and is a Eurovision Classic!

What was YOUR favourite artist and song?

No comments:

Post a Comment